Friday, January 6, 2017

[Instiz] Food that's considered luxury in the West but considered common in Korea

I love it~
One reason to feel blessed about living in Korea
is being able to enjoy oysters for so cheap
Nowhere else can you eat oysters piled up like that

Or eat them picking up two at a time

We literally eat it by the spoonful with spoons!
Culture shock
Shin Bongsun: How much do they cost?
A plate of 6-12 can cost 30-40,000 won 
High quality ones can cost up to 100,000 won for 10
It's considered extremely expensive, but they were just shelling them and eating it at the spot!
It was as if they caught a sturgeon and eating the caviar straight out
If Europe had oyster soup with rice, they'll sell it for 200,000 won
Italy's estimated price for oyster soup with rice: 200,000 won

[Instiz] Food that's considered high class in the West but considered common in Korea

- Heol, so expensive!!

- I'm going to run an oyster business in Europe

- Oysters are gross ㅜㅜ 

- Heol, interesting. I don't like oysters though.

- Oysters in knife cut noodles are the best 

- Wow, should I go to Italy........

- I'm going to get the oysters and leave this country

- It's not considered luxury food in America either... it's just hard to come across 

- Oysters are my favorite ㅜㅜㅜ

- I like raw oysters but I won't eat them if they're cooked

- I just had oyster soup with rice for dinner ㅋㅋ 

No comments:

Post a Comment