Thursday, December 18, 2014

[Instiz] Feeling the generation gap


An elementary student, 'K', who fell for Park Yoochun after watching '3 Days' said

"Wow, Park Yoochun is jjang cool!!"

"Oh, really? But the age gap between you two is quite bigㅋㅋ Why are you talking informally, you should call him oppaㅋㅋㅋ"

"Is Park Yoochun that old?"

"Yeah, he's probably as old as your uncle..or if he played around when he was younger, maybe as old as your dad?"

"Hul, no way..is he older than you, teacher?"

"Of course. DBSK came out when I was in elementary school."

"What does Park Yoochun and DBSK have anything to do with each other?"










Hul...






"Because Park Yoochun used to be in DBSK"

"How was Park Yoochun in DBSK? He's not even a singer"







Hul...?

"No! He was a singer! He used to be in DBSK! DBSK used to be a 5 member group but it's been cut down to 2 now"

"DBSK wasn't originally just with 2 members? Hul?"





I'm telling you they're not!! They were originally a 5 member group!! Trust me!! 

They were really popular too!!

They were as awesome as today's idol groups!!

After watching Micky Yoochun in the YEP CF, I said he looked cheesy and so after saying that....

I almost lost my friend!! ㅠㅠ

Well, it has been 5 years since the separation of the DBSK members, and at that time, the student was as young as to be sucking on her thumb, so..ah...

A lot of kids these days don't know that DBSK used to consist of 5 members and that



today's DBSK and JYJ used to be together




and that Park Yoochun was a singer!

Let the star of wisdom shine 

And they obviously don't know that Park Jaebum used to be in 2PM.............ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

To kids these days, 2PM is already considered on the same veteran level as Jo Yongpil....

To these babies, DBSK, 2PM, SHINee, and SNSD are veteran singers...

I went to the karaoke with my Sunday school students and

reminisced the old days by singing FAN, a song I enjoyed the most by Epik High

"Wow, teacher, I like the song. What's it called?"

"You don't know this song?"

"No, I don't. Is it a new release??"



New..release..?

I desperately sang the melody of FAN

The reply I got back was
"Wow, I really like the song..but who's song is it? First time hearing it."



...What?..

"Do you by chance know Epik High?"

"Haru's dad!"



Yeah, sure...Tablo is Haru's dad

"It's Haru dad's song..."

Ah...well I guess when this song was released, these kids were only in their terrible twos....ㅠㅠ



Haru's dad is a talented singer and!!



the group Haru dad is in, Epik High, has a lot of hit songs!!!

Ah....to think that I who asked my unni if H.O.T. was really popular, is becoming like her..







Tell me I'm not..



-ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Already...

-My dongsaeng doesn't know Wonder Girls...

-There are also a lot of kids that ask if GD is from Big Bangㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-It's shocking how they don't know that Wonder Girls used to be popular
  • It's also shocking how kids born in the year 2000 will be 8th graders next year

-I can feel the generation gap..

-If SHINee is already considered veterans.....then who do students these days like?ㅜㅠ  ..to think they don't know DBSK...they don't know how amazing Mirotic was......
  • Students these daysㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is it already time for us to be using those words...

11 comments:

  1. "If SHINee is already considered veterans.....then who do students these days like?ㅜㅠ"
    Lol same. I don't even know who the new popular artists these days are. I only recently found out who 5sos were

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHINee are veterans. wow. That's an achievement, considering their age.


    Comparing them to WINNER who debuted this year,


    Taemin is younger than three of their members and Minho and Key are the same age as their eldest, Jinwoo.


    Taemin will also be on the maknae line if he was in EXO, and Onew is only 3 months older than Xiumin who is the oldest in EXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea everything is weird when you consider their age. IU is in her 7th year and she's only 21 ('93 line) some new debuts are either the same age or older lol

    Kinda like how boa is still only in her 20s but she came out 10+ years ago

    ReplyDelete
  4. "
    To kids these days, 2PM is already considered on the same veteran level as Jo Yongpil...."
    I literally fell out laughing when I read this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah someone i know was shocked after i talled her that yoochun IS a singer..but she is not a young kid just a new kpop fan..i think yoochun looks more like an actor than a singer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I understand this woman's pain. People react the same way when I say I like SJ and SNSD. They may have been in the industry for years but they're not that old ㅠㅠ

    ReplyDelete
  7. and how U feel being a Shinhwa's fans like me?kekekekeke

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so me while talking to my niece about 90s popstars...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah kid, 2PM is one of those legend..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonder Girls & SNSD & KARA --> debuted almost same time

    2PM & Shinee --> debuted almost same time

    Big Bang & SJ --> Not much differnt debut

    Even some members or maknae are the same age as current popular idols. Those are the one who started to world as K-wave and hallyu stars idols. Don't need to talk about DBSK or BoA, they are the most veteran seniors and changmin is just 26 yrs old in international age. Whoever you thought as popular in current are not even comparable with these groups. Yes, they might be on downfall but definitely they are the one spreading Kpop to the world and unforgettable in history.

    ReplyDelete
  11. god i felt like crying..how they dont know wonder girls T^T.

    ReplyDelete