The man behind the 'Reply' series, Shin Wonho PD, revealed his thoughts on sequels. It was revealed on tvN's official Facebook that he was thinking about another 'Reply' series.
On the question of a 'Reply 2002', Shin PD revealed that while there were meetings for it in the beginning of the year, plans for the follow up drama has been on hold a few months ago due to some conflicts.
"I can't confirm that I won't be doing another 'Reply' series...I just think that I will be working on a drama that is heartwarming and real...a comforting kind of drama"
He's considering on what project to do next but promises with fresh, new content for next year.
1. [+972, -22] That World Cup was the shit..
2. [+892, -19] Hopefully he can break away from the mindset that sequels will be boring and succeed with his dramas~!
3. [+885, -36] 2002 is a year with lots to show though ㅋㅋㅋㅋ That was during the World Cup and Red Devils craze and there were also a lot of idols that came out then so I hope he can make a drama during that time.. I want to reminisce those years againㅠ
4. [+790, -23] There must be people that want it to end at its peak, but personally, I'll be excited for a 2002 edition
5. [+483, -59] If not the year 2002, I think doing it during 1988 would be okay too
6. [+122, -5] If continuing with another 'Reply' drama, Sung Dongil and Lee Illhwa has to be casted
7. [+85, -5] Reminds me of when people were predicting 'Reply 1994' to fail and going crazy when Go Ara was confirmed as being casted. It actually turned out to be daebak. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+75, -5] The street cheering for the World Cup was really a sight to seeㅎㅎㅎ If they do a 2002 edition, Dongil would be fainting while shouting for the semi-finalsㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+78, -15] Go with a Reply 2014, there's lots to do it on. The state of our country is a mess.