[Naver: Star News] 'Abnormal Summit' Formal apology for use of Kimigayo as background music "The mistake of the staff"
JTBC's variety program 'Abnormal Summit' sent out a formal apology for using 'Kimigayo', the Japanese anthem, as its background music. Terada Takuya, the Japanese representative of the show, was replaced by Takeda Hiromitsu on the 27th. As Hiromitsu was entering the conference room, the background music could be heard, displeasing the viewers. Kimigayo was the representative song during the Empire of Japan and its militarism.
The staff made a formal apology on its Facebook page on the 28th: "We sincerely apologize for the improper use of background music during the entrance of the Japanese representative on the 17th episode broadcasted on October 27th. This is the fault of the staff in which they carelessly did not make sure to check properly. We will become more cautious so that a similar event like this will not happen again in the future. We sincerely apologize to the viewers again for our improper use of song choice. We will become an 'Abnormal Summit' staff that works more harder."
1. [+4032, -73] How could they make a mistake like that...
2. [+3425, -61] What a shame for the cast. To say this was a mistake is a bit...
3. [+2594, -67] Ah. . . . . let's really not make mistakes like this
4. [+1958, -137] Wasn't it intended and not a mistake ㅋㅋIf done once it's a mistake, but if it's repeated then it's intended.. Gives me goosebumps how there are pro-Japanese people working here and there in hidden places
5. [+1847, -62] A h .................
6. [+636, -12] Mistake? Look here, you don't pick out a random background song without knowing the title of it. It was obvious that you guys picked out the Kimigayo song. Thinking about letting this pass over by writing a few lines of saying it was a mistake when it was played out so openly? This isn't even funny.
7. [+625, -11] Was it really a mistake? Reveal who played the song and how it came to be.
8. [+584, -9] I really liked 'Abnormal Summit' and all of the G11. Even as a huge fan, I think this isn't right...how could they.
9. [+556, -8] To think they did something as crazy as this..why on earth do they not have any historical sense? Did they become staff by waiting for their turn in a line and not taking their broadcasting exam? tsk tsk
10. [+578, -70] I've never imagined in my life that I would be hearing Kimigayo in a broadcasted episode. I really liked 'Abnormal Summit' but I've been disappointed properly. This is an automatic broadcasting apology. Take this show off air. This isn't something that can just just pass over. And there must be ignorant fools that are foaming at the mouth right now while shielding this.